District Immigration Authorities - Hamburg Welcome Portal
- Application to obtain or renew a residence document (Residence Permit, EU Blue Card, Settlement Permit, Permanent EC Residence Permit)
- Submitting a declaration of commitment for long-term stay in Germany
Finding your district office
You can easily identify the district office ("Bezirksamt") in charge of your application for a residence document (or its extension) online by using the Hamburg Administration Guide (Behördenfinder der Stadt Hamburg).
- Open the (German-language) Hamburg Administration Guide
- Enter your registered address (street name and house number) in Hamburg
- Press the red button (“Weiter”)
The Hamburg Administration Guide will now show you the relevant department’s contact details and opening hours. Alternatively, qualified professionals and managers, students and their families may also contact the Hamburg Welcome Center.
Please note: For immigrants who still reside abroad, the competence lies with the respective German diplomatic mission abroad (embassy, consulate) in their home country.