You can find your nearest customer service centre ("Kundenzentrum") by entering your home address in the authority finder. In the customer service centres, you can take make use of the following services:
Services with appointments
- Registration and changing of residence ("Anmeldung and Ummeldung")
- Deregistration of residence ("Abmeldung")
- Registration of dogs
- Submission of a Declaration of Commitment ("Verpflichtungserklärung") for short stays of up to three months in accordance with § 68 of the Residence Act ("Aufenthaltsgesetz")
- Issuance of passports, children's passports and identity cards for German nationals
Please make an appointment for the mentioned services:
Phone: 115 or 040 428280
Website: www.hamburg.de/kundenzentrum (German only)
Please note: A new system for online appointment allocation is currently being introduced, so that two tools are currently available for booking appointments. If there is no appointment or your desired customer center is not available, please use the alternative tool for booking an appointment.
Services without appointments
- Applications for certificates of good conduct
- Certificates (for example: registration certificates, household certificates)
- Tax ID certificate
- Residence certificate
- Marital or single status confirmation certificate
- Population register information - written request required
- Matters relating to lost and found property
- Pick-up of finished personal documents for German nationals
You can find more information about opening hours, fees, required documents and applications in the Authority Finder. You can also obtain information by telephone on: 115 or 040/428 28-0 (Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.).
Please note that there may be circumstances in which there are changes to the general opening hours in the authorities and offices. Current information can be found here (in German).