Skilled foreign workers and their families can register their primary residence as well as apply for the required residence permit. This offer exists parallel to the district immigration services, giving specialists a choice of where and how to register.
‘Foreigner Affairs for Skilled Workers’ is part of the ‘Hamburg Welcome Center for Professionals’ section of the Migration Office of the Ministry of the Interior and Sport (Amt für Migration der Behörde für Inneres und Sport).
We offer services relating to residence and registration rights. These include:
- Issuing, renewing and transferring residence permits
- Registration and change of residence
- Acceptance of declarations of commitment in accordance with Section 68 of the Residence Act (Aufenthaltsgesetz)
- Application for certificates of good conduct
You can contact us if you belong to one of the following groups of persons:
- Skilled workers and managers, self-employed persons and freelancers as well as researchers with an income of currently at least 45.552€ per year (Paragraph 18b section 2 sentence 2 of the Residence Act) and their family members in each case.
If you do not belong to one of the groups of persons mentioned above, please contact your local immigration authority (Ausländerdienststelle).
Please always make an appointment for a consultation!
To apply and submit documents, please use the online service "Residence Permit Hamburg".
You can also reach us by telephone at +49 40 42839-5500 (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.).
Please note that due to the high number of inquiries, response times are currently longer. Therefore, please refrain from inquiring about the status of the proceedings. We will respond to you as soon as possible.
We are also happy to advise you in English!
Hamburg Welcome Center
Süderstraße 32 b
Are you looking for the right contact person?
Please contact our Welcome Desk. We will take your request and forward it to the responsible contact person.