Leaving church, replacement certificate

Important notes

Documents required

  • You will only receive replacement certificates at the registry office in which the exit from the church was declared (see link - exit from the church -,
    To determine the contact details, the entry of the address at the time of leaving the church is decisive).
  • Documents for a personal interview:
    Identity card
    (Collection also possible with presentation of a power of attorney).

Please note

If you no longer know where you left, you can contact the following numbers/institutions:

  • For former evangelical church members :
    Registration church district Hamburg-Ost,
    Phone: +49 40 519000-240 .
  • For Former Catholic Church Members :
    Catholic Church Office, Tel.: +49 40 24877-100 .

From there you will receive a registration number as well as the date and place of leaving the church.

Procedure & Fees


7.50 EUR. In the case of written orders (post, fax, e-mail), the fees will be charged by cash on delivery (plus postage).

Choose one of 4 facilities ...

Enlarge map

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit