IASON page

Filming permits in public areas


Detailed description

The use of public traffic areas (streets, paths or squares) beyond common use requires a special use permit. This includes the use of public pathways for film and photo recordings




Requirements of Section 19, Paragraph 1, Clause 4 of the Hamburg Road Act must be met:

  • No restriction on the safety of traffic and no disproportionate impairment of the ease of traffic
  • No disproportionate restriction on public use or no exclusion for a disproportionate duration
  • No disproportionate impairment of road components, measures of the road construction load, the surroundings or the environment, urban planning or other public concerns including the generation of income based on the use of the road as well as public or private rights of third parties.

There is no entitlement to a special use permit.

Documents required

Applications can be submitted informally

Processing time

Processing time at least 1 week for photo recordings, at least 2 weeks for film recordings



Legal basis

Section 19 (1) of the Hamburg Roads Act

Find out your responsible facility

Angaben zur Zuständigkeit

Haven't found the right one yet?

To Hamburg Service startpage

Keywords: Film Filming Filming permission, districts Film work Film permit Photo shoots

Last updated: 12.07.2024