Authority for Justice and Consumer Protection

Apply for shipment of animal by-products to another Member State

If you wish to commercially transport animal by-products to another EU Member State, you must apply for authorization from the competent authority. For details, click here.

Important notes


All persons and companies involved in the intended shipment must be registered or authorized under Regulation (EC) No. 1069/2009 and have a registration or authorization number.

Documents required

  • Copy of ID document

Please note

There are no hints or special features.


The application for approval must be submitted in good time before the intended shipment (if possible at least four weeks in advance). The intended shipment may only take place after the approval has been granted.

Procedure & Fees


  • You submit the application for approval for the commercial transport of animal by-products to the competent authority
  • If the check is positive, the competent authority will grant you approval for the shipment.

Processing time

Processing usually takes 4 weeks.



Legal notes

Legal remedies

  • contradiction

  • if necessary, legal action before the administrative court

Legal basis

Downloads & Links

Links on the Internet

Service description

If you would like to carry out activities with your company in connection with the transport of animal by-products and derived products to another EU member state, you must apply for approval from the responsible body before starting the activity.

Enlarge map

Address and contact information


Authority for Justice and Consumer Protection
Veterinary Affairs
Billstraße 80a 20539 Hamburg

Facility info

Public transport

S2 / S21 Rothenburgsort, buses 120/122/124/130/160/224/530 Rothenburgsort

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit