Gebäude Süderstraße

Hamburg Welcome Center Residence Permits (HWCP)

You apply for your first residence permit for the purpose of apprenticeship, studying or working at the HWCP. Skilled workers can extend their residence permit here.


Residence Permits (HWCP)

The Hamburg Welcome Centre is responsible for you if you

  • want to apply for a residence permit for the purpose of training, studying, employment or self-employment and freelance work (§§ 16a to 21 AufenthG) for the first time after entering Germany or  
  • are a skilled worker and wish to extend or transfer your residence permit in accordance with §§ 18a to 18d AufenthG or wish to apply for a settlement permit or  
  • are a family member of the above-mentioned persons and require a residence permit. 

You can use the online service residence permit to find out who is responsible and submit your application.

Please note the change in responsibility!

Here you can find more information about the HWCP and contact details:

Or are you still looking for the right contact person?
Then please contact our Welcome Desk. We will take your request and forward it to the appropriate contact person.