Gebäude Süderstraße

Hamburg Welcome Center Legal Counseling and Clearing Office for Foreign Nationals

We answer your questions regarding rights of residence or employment.

Ausländerrechtliche Beratung

Legal Counseling and Clearing Office for Foreign Nationals - Hamburg Welcome Center

About Us

Immigration law consultation can of course be helpful on legal issues regarding immigration, and in particular when it comes to prospects for accessing the German labour market, in accordance with the basic requirements of the Authority for Internal Affairs and Sport (Behörde für Inneres und Sport or ‘BIS’).

Our Services

Mainly, we advise migrants living in Hamburg, companies, volunteers, and other institutions on the following topics:

  • residence status
  • general questions regarding residence law
  • employment opportunities (e.g. employer loyalty)
  • employment permit procedures
  • the possibility of changing residence

In individual cases, we also support the cooperation between the participating partners: the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge or ‘BAMF’), labor administration, BIS and local foreigners' offices with the aim of facilitating integration into the labour market within the existing legal framework.

Information on the requirements for residence permits and which documents and proofs are necessary can be found on our pages on the subject of residence.

Contact Information

We ask preferably to contact us by e-mail:


Telephone consultation hours (other appointments possible by prior e-mail arrangement):
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 1 pm to 3 pm
Wednesday and Friday 10 am to 12 pm  

(+49) 40 428 39
(+49) 40 428 39
(+49) 40 428 39
(+49) 40 428 39

We currently offer consultations via Skype or telephone.
If you have concerns that require the exchange of personal data, please use the declaration of consent that can be found in the download area.

Hamburg Welcome Center
Süderstraße 32 b
20097 Hamburg

Show directions

Are you looking for the right contact person?

Please contact our Welcome Desk. We will take your request and forward it to the responsible contact person.