Online-Service available
Appointment required

Customer Center Barmbek-Uhlenhorst

Children's passport, extension

The children's passport can be extended by one year up to the age of twelve if it has not yet expired. In this context, it must be provided with an up-to-date photo.

Due to the applicable contact restrictions and distance rules, customer service is currently only possible under special conditions. It is therefore mandatory to make an appointment for a visit to the customer center.
Enlarge map

Address and contact information


Customer Center Barmbek-Uhlenhorst
District Office Hamburg-Nord
Specialized Office for Residents
Poppenhusenstraße 6 22305 Hamburg

Room: Kundenzentrum

Add to addressbook

Facility info

Wenn Sie einen Personalausweis, Reisepass oder Kinderreisepass beantragen möchten, können Sie zur Erfassung der notwendigen biometrischen Daten (Foto, Unterschrift, Fingerabdrücke) ein vorhandenes Selbsterfassungsterminal nutzen (Kosten 6 Euro). Das Mitbringen eines Fotos entfällt dann. Planen Sie bitte vor Ihrem Termin einige Minuten mehr Zeit für die Erfassung Ihrer Daten ein, sofern Sie das Selbsterfassungsterminal nutzen möchten. Bitte sprechen Sie im Anschluss bei der Sachbearbeitung vor. If you would like to apply for an identity card, passport or children's passport, you can use an existing self-registration terminal (Speed Capture Terminal) to capture the necessary biometric data (digital photo, signature, fingerprints).
If so, please allow a few minutes more time to collect your data before your appointment.
Note: You will not receive a printout of the digital photo.
There is no need to bring a passport photo when using the self-registration terminal.
It costs 6 euros to use.
Please speak to the case processing department afterwards.

The existing self-registration terminal (Speed Capture Terminal) cannot be used for fishing lines and driving license applications. Please bring a passport photo (biometric) with you for these services.

Public transport

U3/S1/S11/Busse Barmbek

Important notes


  • The children's passport has not yet expired.
  • Child under 12 years of age with German citizenship.
  • Personal interview with the child with at least one legal guardian / legal representative. In the case of parents who are permanently separated, only the parent with whom the child is registered may apply for the passport.
  • The child is registered with their main residence in Hamburg.

Documents required

All necessary documents must always be submitted in the original.
  • Valid children's passport
  • 1 biometrically readable passport photo from the latest time (35x45 mm without border, background light and monochrome pattern - see link Federal Ministry of the Interior)
  • Identity cards or passports of both parents
  • Personal interview with the child with at least one legal guardian / legal representative. In the case of parents who are permanently separated, only the parent with whom the child is registered may apply for the passport.
  • Presence of the child
  • Declaration of consent with the signature of the legal guardian who is not present when the application is made in the resident customer center.
  • In the case of sole custody / joint custody of unmarried parents: proof of custody, e.g. decision on custody, declaration of custody and the like.
  • In cases of clarification, it may be necessary to present the child's birth certificate.

Please note

ATTENTION - The child passport is not recognized in every country. A definitive passport must then be applied for.
Please ask the tour operator, travel agency, Federal Foreign Office or the country you are traveling to about the respective entry requirements. United States travelers - see link Federal Foreign Office.


The extension must take place before the expiry date.

Procedure & Fees


The child must be present in person when the child's passport is extended. The application is processed immediately and then handed over.

Processing time

about 15 minutes



Payment methods available

  • Girocard
  • Cash payment

Legal notes

Legal basis

  • Section 5 Passport Act (PassG)

  • Ordinance on the implementation of the Passport Act (PassV)

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit