The vehicle is registered in Hamburg and has Hamburg license plates. If the vehicle was registered in Hamburg with an external registration number, it must be re-registered to a Hamburg registration number.
The license plates have been preserved to such an extent that they can be clearly identified. If this is not possible, re-labeling is required.
- the old license plates
- Registration certificate Part I / vehicle registration)
- Original inspection certificate from HU
- the new license plates with the same license plate if the old ones have been damaged
- informal, written declaration in the event of loss or damage to the badges, if they were damaged or lost
If an agent submits the application:
- Legibly completed power of attorney of the registered holder in the original
- the ID of the representative in the original
- Legible color copy of the vehicle owner's ID. This should be provided with the note "COPY".
- Power of attorney from the agent if it is a company vehicle.
The damaged license plate (s) must be brought along and presented to the clerk!
However, if one or both license plates are lost or stolen, they must be re-labeled.
Appointments are booked via the LBV. Proceed as follows here:
1. Visit the website for booking an appointment (see below) and select the service for re-stamping license plates under the service group Approval, private customers.
2. Use the location selection to display appointments at a specific location.
3. After selecting the location, use the calendar displayed to select a free appointment (date and time).
4. Now enter your name and your e-mail address for booking.
5. You will receive an email. Please confirm the appointment.
Please bring the appointment confirmation that you will receive with you to the appointment.