Online-Service available

Hamburg police

Apply for hunting district entry in foreign hunting license

You must have the areas on which you are permitted to hunt entered in your foreign hunting license. If there are any changes, you must have the entries corrected.

Important notes


  • You have a valid foreign hunting license
  • Your hunting area has changed

Documents required

  • Your current foreign hunting license
  • Proof of the area on which you are entitled to hunt (contract)

Please note




Procedure & Fees


  • You submit your application in writing or online and provide the necessary documents.
    • If you submit the application in writing, submit it by post or in person to the responsible authority.
  • The responsible authority will check your application for completeness and correctness and, if necessary, request any missing documents or information from you.
  • If all requirements are met, the change will be entered into your foreign hunting license.

Processing time

Up to several weeks


There is an administration fee. The amount of the fee depends on the type and scope of your application.

Legal notes

Legal remedies


Legal basis

Section 15 paragraph 2 and 3 Federal Hunting Act (BJagdG)

Fee schedule for hunting matters (JagdGebO)

Downloads & Links

Links on the Internet

Service description

If there are any changes to the area on which you are entitled to hunt after your foreign hunting license has been issued, you must have these changes entered into your hunting license by the responsible authority.

Enlarge map

Address and contact information

Opening hours

Mon 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tue 7 a.m. to 12 p.m., Thu 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Facility info

Due to many telephone inquiries, we are sometimes difficult to reach by telephone.

All firearms and hunting law matters can also be handled in writing
to be edited. Applications as well as hunting and weapons law documents can be sent by post,
Email or by putting it in your home mailbox.

Due to the current situation, processing at the hunting and weapons authority may take several months.
We ask for your patience and will get back to you without being asked.

Public transport

S3 / S31 / Busse 25/112 Hammerbrook / City Süd, 25/112/154/160 Süderstraße

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit