Authority for Justice and Consumer Protection

Application for a radiation passport and renewal of a radiation passport

You can apply for registration or renewal of a radiation pass.

Important notes


The radiation passport must correspond to the model of a radiation passport according to general administrative regulations and contain all the necessary information.

Documents required

  • Radiation passport (with all required information and signatures)
  • Write to
  • SSR certificate (copy) (Certificate with radiation protection register number, issued by the Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BfS))

Please note

If the radiation dose in a third-party facility, third-party business premises, during an activity in connection with a third-party X-ray facility or a third-party stray emitter is exceeded by more than one millisievert in the calendar year, work in these work areas is only permitted with a radiation pass.
The person responsible for radiation protection or the person responsible for maintaining a radiation passport ensures that only people who have a fully maintained and registered radiation passport are active in these areas.



Procedure & Fees


  • Complete the radiation passport completely.
  • The radiation pass holder and the person responsible for radiation protection or the person responsible for keeping radiation passes sign the radiation pass themselves.
  • Submit the radiation passport with an informal cover letter and the necessary documents to the responsible office.
  • The responsible office will check your documents and your request. If necessary, the responsible authority may request further documents from you.
  • The responsible body registers and seals the radiation passport.
  • You will receive the radiation pass.
  • You will receive the fee notice in a separate post.

Processing time

Processing usually takes 1 to 2 weeks.


The registration of a radiation passport is subject to a fee. The fees are calculated according to the time spent in accordance with § 2 of the Hamburg fee schedule.

Legal notes

Service description

If you work in a third-party facility in connection with the operation of third-party X-ray facilities or stray emitters, you need a radiation pass.
You can register or renew a radiation pass with the responsible authority.
The radiation pass is valid for 6 years and is the property of the radiation pass holder.
A radiation pass is registered with the authority where the company has its headquarters.

Enlarge map

Address and contact information


Authority for Justice and Consumer Protection
Employee Protection
Billstraße 80 20539 Hamburg

Opening hours

Mon-Wed 10am-1pm, Thurs 10am-1pm, 2pm-4pm, Fri 10am-1pm, telephone advice only

Facility info

Public transport

S2 / S21 Rothenburgsort, buses 120/122/124/130/160/224/530 Rothenburgsort

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit