Online-Service available

Hamburg police

Foreigner hunting license Apply for annual hunting license extension

If the validity of your foreign hunting license is expiring or has already expired and you wish to continue hunting in Germany, you must apply for an extension of your foreign hunting license.

Important notes


  • You are at least 18 years old when issuing the permit
  • You have the necessary personal reliability
  • You have the necessary physical fitness
  • You have taken out hunting liability insurance
  • You already have a foreign hunting license (annual hunting license) which has already expired

Documents required

  • German hunting license
  • Hunting license from home country
  • if applicable, a current photograph
  • Proof of statutory hunting liability insurance

Please note

There are no special features.


The annual hunting license is valid for a maximum of three consecutive hunting years. The hunting year begins on April 1st and ends on March 31st of each calendar year.

Procedure & Fees


  • You submit your application in writing or online and provide the necessary documents.
    • If you submit the application in writing, submit it by post or in person to the responsible authority.
  • The responsible authority will check your application for completeness and correctness and, if necessary, request any missing documents or information from you.
  • The responsible authority will inform you in writing about the decision on your application.

Processing time

Up to several weeks


There is an administration fee. The amount of the fee depends on the type and scope of your application.

Legal notes

Legal remedies


Legal basis

§ 15 paragraphs 1 - 3 and 5 - 6 Federal Hunting Act (BJagdG)

Fee schedule for hunting matters (JagdGebO)

Downloads & Links

Links on the Internet

Service description

If you are in possession of an annual hunting license for foreign persons (foreigner hunting license) but its validity has expired, you must apply for an extension if you wish to continue hunting in Germany.

Enlarge map

Address and contact information

Opening hours

Mon 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tue 7 a.m. to 12 p.m., Thu 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Facility info

Due to many telephone inquiries, we are sometimes difficult to reach by telephone.

All firearms and hunting law matters can also be handled in writing
to be edited. Applications as well as hunting and weapons law documents can be sent by post,
Email or by putting it in your home mailbox.

Due to the current situation, processing at the hunting and weapons authority may take several months.
We ask for your patience and will get back to you without being asked.

Public transport

S3 / S31 / Busse 25/112 Hammerbrook / City Süd, 25/112/154/160 Süderstraße

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit