Authority for the Environment, Climate, Energy and Agriculture

Apply for a permit to discharge wastewater into private wastewater plants

If you want to discharge commercial wastewater into a private wastewater plant or sewer system, you usually need to apply for a permit in advance.

Important notes


You will be granted permission if the quality and quantity of the wastewater is suitable for being discharged into a private wastewater plant.

Documents required

  • Completed application form
  • The documents specified in the application form

Please note

The discharge permit may be associated with requirements for the pre-treatment of the wastewater and self-monitoring, which you must implement. Your discharge permit may be limited in time.


No. However, you must have approval before you begin the initiation process. You should therefore submit the application well in advance of the intended start of your project.

Procedure & Fees


  • You submit a written application to the responsible authority. With the application you submit further documents on the type and scope of your project. ·
  • If necessary, the responsible authority will request further documents from you.
  • The responsible authority will examine your application and decide whether to approve it.
  • The decision of the responsible authority will be communicated to you in a written notice.
  • With the notice, you may be given requirements that you must implement.
  • You will receive a fee notice
  • You pay the administration fees

Processing time

You must expect a processing time of up to several months.


60.00 EUR - 5,000.00 EUR

Legal notes

Legal remedies


Legal basis

§ 59 Water Resources Act (WHG)

§ 54 Water Resources Act (WHG)

Service description

As a rule, you need a permit to discharge commercial wastewater into private wastewater systems (for example in commercial and industrial parks). You must apply for approval from the relevant authority. You must have the permit before you start discharging the wastewater.

Enlarge map

Address and contact information


Authority for the Environment, Climate, Energy and Agriculture
Wastewater Management
Neuenfelder Straße 19 21109 Hamburg

Facility info

Mensch in einem Rollstuhl Accessible

We have a limited number of customer parking spaces. To reserve a parking space, please contact our receptionist by e-mail at or by telephone on +49 40 428 40 - 50 50. Our working hours are: Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m , Friday from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Public transport

S3/S31 Wilhelmsburg, Bus 13/151/152/154/156//155/252 Inselpark

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit