Report changes that are important for receiving maintenance advance payments

You receive maintenance advance payments and there have been changes? Then you must report this to the relevant authority.

Important notes


You receive maintenance advance payments.

Documents required

Evidence of the respective changes, for example

  • Payroll
  • Proof of completion of school career
  • Proof of payment changes from the other parent (bank statement)

Please note

It is not sufficient if you notify another body that is not responsible for the maintenance advance of the change.

If you intentionally conceal a change or negligently fail to report it or report it late, this may be an administrative offence that can lead to criminal prosecution or a fine. In addition, any benefits paid to you may be reclaimed.


You must notify us of the change immediately.

Procedure & Fees


  • They inform the responsible authority about the occurrence of changes and, if necessary, provide evidence.
  • The responsible authority will examine your notification.
  • You will receive a notification if there are any changes to your maintenance advance.

Processing time

The processing time depends on the type, extent and impact of the change that has occurred.



Legal notes

Legal remedies

You can object to a change in notice.

Legal basis

Section 6 paragraph 4 Maintenance Advance Payments Act (UhVorschG)

Service description

While you are receiving maintenance advance payments, you must inform the responsible authority of any changes that are important for the existence and scope of your entitlement. These are usually changes to information that you have already declared when applying for maintenance advance payments.

Examples of changes:

  • Your child no longer lives with you
  • They move.
  • They marry.
  • They move in with the other parent.
  • The other parent is paying child support again or wants to pay child support again.
  • The previously unknown whereabouts of the other parent will become known to you.
  • The other parent died.
  • The child died.
  • The child no longer attends school.
  • The income of a child who no longer attends school changes (because, for example, the amount of training allowance changes).

Public Service Disclaimer

Please note: This service on uses machine translations powered by Google. Some content may not be translated accurately or reliably. The translations are constantly being improved. If you have any issues with Google Translate, please visit