Hamburg celebrates and the world joins in!
What fun: Hamburg is proud of its port and celebrates the world‘s greatest port festival every year in front of a unique maritime backdrop. It's an event for the whole family.
SAVE THE DATE: The 835th HAMBURG PORT ANNIVERSARY will take place 9–12 MAY 2024.
Guests were able to experience a full range of attractions 5–7 May 2023 at the 834th HAMBURG PORT ANNIVERSARY. This unforgettable festival was celebrated by more than a million people from Hamburg along with visitors from all over the world.
The fantastic and festive atmosphere along the Elbe from the trendy HafenCity district to the Museumshafen Oevelgönne, where over 300 vessels from all over the world visited Hamburg was the location of a memorable event. Visitors encountered magnificent tall ships, spectacular naval vessels, impressive museum ships, unique historic ships, and modern cruise ships. What's more, many ships even welcomed guests on board for a visit!
But that's not all! A variety of live performances on numerous stages, the colourful supporting programme and the culinary delights in front of the incomparable Port of Hamburg scenery were all integral to the Port Anniversary experience.
Plus, this year's partner country hosted a festival with insights into its own culture and customs.
• International Ecumenical Opening Service at St. Michaelis Church: Fri 5 May, 13:00–14:00
• Grand Arrival Parade and Official Opening Ceremony: Fri 5 May, 15:00–16:00
• Grand Departure Parade: Sun 7 May, 16:30–17:30
• Evening performance: Sat 6 May, 22:30
• Festival Promenade: Fri 5 May and Sat 6 May, 10:00–24:00, Sun 7 May, 10:00–21:00